What is ASO?
ASO (App Store Optimization) is the continuous process of getting better an app’s rank and discoverability in an app store. The upper your app ranks in an app store’s search results, the more noticeable it is to potential users.Consider the procedure of search engine optimization (SEO), or in other words, how sites compete for rank on Google or more internet search engines. Well, ASO performs in a similar way, apart from with apps competing for a position on the app stores. When choosing which apps to position first in their search results they take into account many factors such as app-usage, app store keywords, app downloads, uninstalls and reviews.
In short, ASO includes constantly tweaking and updating your app’s page on all the app stores, make secure it is ranking as high as possible and being seen by all the right viewers.
Why Use ASO and SEO?
SEO is all regarding optimizing your website for search engines, while mobile app ASO concerns to an app store for mostly the similar purpose. We can generously say that SEO and ASO are two different sides of the same coin. And, to attain their ultimate performance, they should be implemented together.
Figures say that Google is still one of the most vital sources of app discoverability. So, if you don’t play by its rules and optimize your website for it, your traffic, rankings, and visibility will suffer. In other words, you will miss out on a chance to provide your app to the right people.
Alternatively, app stores also provide as closed site search engines. So, it’s not that unexpected that the idea behind mobile app ASO is same as SEO – the higher your app ranks in the app store, the more observable it is to your target audience.
As the line between mobile and desktop is getting blurrier, app marketing and web marketing is becoming merged. Marketers focus on giving exceptional user experience, be it via web or apps. The result is a more energetic commitment to your prospects, who have the possibility to become your loyal customers one day.
Thus, SEO and mobile app ASO have to be two equally important parts of your app promotion strategy.
SEO is the base of Mobile App ASO
To get the most out of app promotion, don’t come up to ASO and SEO as conflicting strategies. Organic search optimization is still the base of your online presence, and it needs to be an essential element of your mobile app ASO. Many SEO techniques can directly help your app store optimization. Some of them are:
Keyword research and targeting. Keyword targeting is one of the most multifaceted and subtle aspects of your SEO. Select keywords correctly because they are the main support of your online presence. Confirm you back up this procedure with the right keyword research tools or even put-in in SEO consulting services.
- The optimization of your app title, name, and URL for your major keywords
- Generating app rating and reviews
- Click-through rate optimization
- Indexation of your app on Google
- Using deep linking in your mobile app
- Link building techniques
One of the major mistakes app developers make is take too lightly the power of the quality, responsive site. In today’s competing digital landscape, your site supply as your online portfolio. Your target audience utilizes your website to learn more regarding your app previous to downloading it; it should be as helpful as possible. Also, it should be to guide them through the info seeking process, giving them with a personalized customer experience and turning them into occupied prospects.
Your website also assists you to position yourself as a power and a trustworthy source of information. Posting an article and creating highly interactive and engaging content to boosts app visibility and awareness. Very importantly, creating domain right drives more web traffic and raises downloads.
Getting Better Your In-App Store Techniques
63% of users find out apps via app stores, and not raising your rankings in these channels indicates you’re giving up on a big promotional chance for your app. While the features of app stores vary, there are still some basic aspects of optimization you want to focus on:
- A Meta Title. Remember that lengthy titles usually get truncated in the SERPs. You have to maintain your meta title short, sweet, and impressive. Don’t fail to remember to add your major keywords to it, too. Especially, the latest report shows that apps with a top-value keyword in their title rank 10.3% higher than those with no a keyword.
- A meta description is a type of a call to action for your target spectators. Write your meta description in easy language, list your exclusive benefits, and motivate people to download your app. Make certain you add your major keywords to it and renovate it each time you update your product page.
- App reviews and ratings are the validation of your app’s worth. As such, they enhance your brand’s credibility.
- App keyword fields. When developing your app page for keywords, check you write your titles and descriptions for your objective audience first. Your content is how you will attract users to download your app. Remember that ranking algorithms acquire both keywords and your customer conversion into consideration.
Preview videos and screenshots are vital, as they bring your text to life and facilitate your customers see the app before downloading it.
- App icon optimization.Just bear in mind that App Store and Google Play have different standards for an icon’s ultimate color, size, and geometry. iOS icons require to be at least 1024×1024 pixels, while Android ones are required to be 512×512 pixels.
Regularly Update Your App Data
The apps that rank higher in app stores are those that are frequently getting improved, such as updates in technology, feature improvements, or adding new user feedback. Doing regular updates helps you make a positive brand image and belief among your target audience. The piece of information that you’re continually working on your app enhancement and keeping your users up-to-date on them situates you apart from your competitors and even raises your rankings in the app stores. That is, both Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store assess the consistency of app upgrades when ranking it.
Over to You
You can make out from the previous examples that web SEO and mobile app ASO are overlapping strategies. In no doubt, these strategies can work individually, but if you are not implementing them together, you are not leveraging visibility appropriately. Don’t forget that SEO lets you target those viewers that are not browsing app stores. By paying attention to the elements mentioned above, you are able to raise up your rankings in both app stores and search engines and drive more quality traffic to your app.