You must have heard about WordPress if you are going to start your first website, and if that is the case, you need to know what WordPress is.
If you are putting it simply, then WordPress is software that you can use conveniently to create your very own website or blog to publish on the internet. You can also call it a content management system, which was created in 2003, and since then, it has gained huge popularity as a platform publishing program in the world. So, the best part about WordPress is, It’s FREE! Why? Because WordPress is open-source software, which means there will be thousands of software engineers constantly working on it every day to enhance the user’s experience.
Well, you need to go to wordpress.com to make a free website with their web hosting, but there are points you need to take care of –
- Your WordPress website gets deleted if you breach any of the terms of the service for any reason.
- You cannot make use of ads to make money with your WordPress website if you have decided to create a website on WordPress.
- You cannot upload any plugins to the website that help you optimize the functionality or operation of your website.
- You cannot upload a customizable theme, but you only get their limited options.
- You do not own your domain name, so you can say that you will get something like – yourdomainname.wordpress.com
It is for sure that everyone expects to have a website with a unique domain name that leaves no limitations, so if you are expecting the same, you can be self-hosted. For this purpose, you can use wordpress.org that allows you to download free software, and when you become self-hosted, you get the benefits of –
- Access to the thousands of plugins for your website
- An exclusive domain name for your first website
- You can even make money from your website with the use of ads
- You can craft your own online store to sell products or services
- You can totally modify your website in the way you want.
WordPress is the biggest platform
WordPress is the biggest piece of software that empowers around 27 million websites, approximately 35% of the web. With time, WordPress is becoming better and better to provide easiness of use to its customers. WordPress is free and open-source, making it much powerful and allowing software developers from around the world to make additions to it. Right now, WordPress is on its fifth major version, and the interesting thing about them is that with each code release that they do, they name it after a jazz musician.
WordPress is perfect for Bloggers
WordPress first started as blog software, and it is more into a content management system, so if you are considering running a blog, then there is no second relevant choice other than this. The most efficient thing is that you don’t have to know much about the designs – you just need to pick a theme and implement the design you want. Further, you get plugins that are more for functionality where you can add different functions to your website for integrating with other services.
WordPress for Bloggers
WordPress is great for small businesses.
Small businesses usually need informational websites, maybe with a small eCommerce, so WordPress can be an ideal option if your business focuses a little bit on eCommerce. The best thing about WordPress is that it is easy to start – most hosts offer only one-click installation, and some even come with WordPress pre-installed. You can even customize your website with the codes, and it is super easy to launch a website when it comes to WordPress. So, if you are a blogger, going with a WordPress website offers huge benefits, and you can share your business details effortlessly through your blogs.
So, in 90 to 95% of cases, WordPress is a go-to option if you want to start a website, and it takes only a few minutes to launch a website. All you need is to choose a suitable WordPress hosting company and trust the professionals who can create a well-defined website for you.