Emerging Trends in Voice Search SEOJune 17, 2019
Google’s BroadCore Algorithm Update 2019July 2, 2019
In the last few years, we have seen a great enhancement in the online shopping websites and most people, these days, prefer shopping products online rather than visiting the shops physically. Although countless businesses are using mega online e-commerce websites like Amazon and eBay, many businesses are nowadays focusing on building their own e-commerce website to directly connect and tap their customers.
If you are reading this blog, probably you are also planning to create your own e-commerce website to sell some products online. By creating your own website, you will have more control over the products you sell and the customers you are targeting and also greater control over the price of the products. However, if you have decided to build your own e-commerce website, you will have to keep some important things in mind. In this article, we will discuss some of the most important things that you need to know before building an E-commerce website:
- Understand the Product and Customer Thoroughly
Before building the online e-commerce website, it is very essential to completely understand your product and customers. Many products have a higher propensity to sell offline than online. Therefore before start building the website, it is essential to ensure that you have made the right choice. You can also take help of any expert marketing company if you need any expert advice.
- Choosing the Correct platform
The next bigger thing to consider when building the e-commerce website is an online platform. There are plenty of online e-commerce website platforms available to create an online store and it is very essential for you to choose the correct one that best fits your needs. You can either go with WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, Hybris or even you can consider building your website using programming languages. When choosing the website, ensure that you have:
- A functioning customer relationship management tool to handle all their requirements.
- A payment gateway integration to make paying for your products simpler.
- Strong backend which can support your frontend activities.
- Mobile responsiveness for all pages.
- Website Hosting Provider
Next choice you have to make is the hosting provider to go with. Although all the hosts provide almost the same services, we have seen that although priced identically, different hosts provide different services level. So before spending money on a host, compare the prices and the services provided by the different hosts.
Here are several things to remember while choosing the hosting provider:
- Speed is of the host. Google rewards websites that have great speed with a better ranking.
- Select a hosting provider that will ensure your website is accessible to the clients at all times.
- Since you will be dealing very sensitive customer data, ensure that you select a hosting provider that keeps your website protected at all times.
- You might be starting off small but you should be able to build your website as you go so scalability in terms of server space, size, and dependability are always significant.
- Choosing What You Want Your Customer to See
Another significant feature of an e-commerce site development project is to ensure you know closely what pages you will be showing to your clients. How easy the site is to navigate? Are the images too cluttered? These may not appear like essential factors when building an e-commerce site but they are all very related not just to your customer but to Google also.
If you make use of e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce, you might be able to develop an e-commerce website yourself; however without the help of expert reliable web development and Design Company, your website would not have the much-needed attraction to the public. If you want someone to efficiently build your e-commerce website, get in touch with us today.